Tassie To The Top is the journey from the bottom of Australia to the most northern point a roadtrain can travel. The conditions and terrain vary from one extreme to the other, but there is one underlying fact. Whether it is the steep mountains of Tasmania, the desolate desert of central Australia or the corrugated tracks of the north, they are all rugged, rough, unrelenting and usually dusty.
It takes a special kind of machine to withstand this tortuous terrain; to go the distance day in day out.... It takes a Legend.... It takes a Kenworth
Join us in the picturesque northeast of Tasmania where a fleet of log trucks scratch their way over steep rugged mountains.
- Check out the latest Caterpillar enginegetting put through the final stages of testing on the notorious Tanami track.
- Come and see the worlds largest dragline bucket being transported to its new home in Central Queensland. Then see the massive Kenworth C510s hauling 300 tonne payloads of coal.
- Come to Kilcooney Cattle station to collect six decks of cattle.
- Head up the Weipa track, one of the roughest roads in the country and see a tough Kenworth T650 as it takes vital supplies in one of Australia's last frontiers.
- Running time approx 90 min.
- PAL DVD. 16:9